Information that we collect
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or ask us a question. We collect information when you choose to submit it to us. It is completely up to you whether or not you want to provide it.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
- Third party providers featured on or linked to our website may collect information. We have no control over this.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
Use of your information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- We will use your personal information and information we obtain from other sources for dealing with your enquiries, administration and customer services regarding our products and/or services, for marketing, and to ensure that the content, services and advertising that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests. We may share your information with potential lenders, insurers, service providers and agents for these purposes.
- We use Google Analytics to track your preferences and also to identify popular sections of our website. Use of Google Analytics in this way, enables us to adapt the content of our website more specifically to your needs and thereby improve what we can offer to you.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
Storing your personal data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Data Protection Act
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to access certain personal records we, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies hold about you. This is called a ‘subject access request’, which you can make by writing to email@example.com. A fee may be payable, but we will not charge you until we have told you how much the fee is and what it is for, and you have told us you still want to proceed.
Disclosing your information
- In the event that you give us permission to discuss or pass on your data to another company.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third party links
Access to information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy and Cookies Policy via email firstname.lastname@example.org
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this page regularly. We may occasionally modify this Privacy Statement, such variations becoming effective immediately upon posting to the website and by continuing to use the website, you will be deemed to accept any such variations.